Saturday, 31 March 2012

Tangled Blood Lines by Deborah Noel – Review by Lindsay


4 Stars

Firstly, I love this cover. I actually design front covers and made something rather similar to this a few years back. Secondly, I’d like to say thanks for giving me the chance to read and review this book.

The good and refreshing thing about this book is that the vampires aren’t shimmering goodie goodies who just wanted to be loved, or see what they are as such a curse and burden. Welcome back old style, tough as hell, frightening (to some) vampires.

I thought I would enjoy this book and I was right to an extent. At first I found it rather hard to get into and kept putting the book down and doing other things. It seemed far to overwritten and that got on my nerves. But after the first few chapters the pace picked up. The characters are well developed and whilst at first we think Cianna and Declan are regular human beings, we soon learn they have a gift. A pretty cool one if you ask me. I love the characters and the author did a good job at making the reader feel their love for each other and just how loyal they are to one another. The authors descriptions of the crime scenes are very good too.

After a while the story seemed to jump around and it times it became a little hard to follow. You also left with a lot of unanswered questions and whilst I know this is good when its the start of a series, I would have expected a few more answers than we were given. Maybe even a shock factor or a big twist. Sadly that didn’t happen. I also noticed a lot of typos and grammar errors.

All in all though, after the first few chapters, this was an entertaining read, and I’m looking forward to reading the next instalment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment